Full-time (30-35hrs per week) $15 / hour
We are looking for a dynamic Accounting Clerk or Bookkeeper to join our team.
The candidate will be responsible for taking on various accounting related projects for our accounting firm. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of accounting, is flexible, highly professional, keen to learn, tech-savvy, and above all, has a positive attitude.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be using online accounting software and apps including, but not limited to, QuickBooks, Xero and Freshbooks. You will work closely with our clients to ensure that the following responsibilities are handled diligently:
• Weekly Bookkeeping for multiple clients using Xero and Quickbooks
• Running payroll, making changes to payroll and handling payroll tax slips (T4/RL1) and ROE forms
• Answering support questions from clients related to bookkeeping and payroll matters
• Ensuring clients’ books are kept up-to-date and are accurate and organized
• Preparing month-end reports
• Preparing government remittance reports. i.e. sales taxes (GST/HST/QST) and payroll tax remittances (DAS)
• Managing multiple clients simultaneously in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
Schedule and location:
This is a 30-35hour per week position. Candidate must be willing to commute to the place of work at our office located at Rue des Lilas, Mercier, QC J6R 0B7, Canada.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks required
• Knowledge of Xero accounting software is an asset
• Understanding of accrual bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, debits and credits.
• Understanding of the ins and outs of how an accounting system works: Invoicing, payables, bookkeeping, tax rates, etc
• Prior bookkeeping experience in a fast-paced environment is an asset.
• Bilingual (English and French)
• Minimum education: High School Diploma
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Excellent work ethic
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to details
• Honesty and integrity with an ability to handle confidential information
• Keen to learn (we will provide you with on-the-job training on Canadian tax and payroll)
Send your application to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: July 19th 2019